Explora's senior management has decades of industry experience in cancer drug development. Our scientists routinely conduct contract research using xenograft models for industry as well as academic scientists. We also maintain rigorous cell culture procedures to ensure consistency in the quality of our cell lines.
Pharmacokinetic (PK) studies are a key aspect of the drug development process. Knowing how the body absorbs, distributes, metabolizes and eliminates drugs helps guide the dosing regimen to maximize efficacy and avoid undesirable effects. Explora has established protocols to handle a wide array of PK study designs. Our goal is to achieve rapid turnaround with quality results for a reasonable cost.
- Extensive experience in drug discovery and development
- Expertise with both small molecules and biologics
- Excellent technical capabilities
- Established IACUC protocols for PK studies in small animals
- State radiation license
We can assist with:
- Pharmacokinetic and biodistribution studies in small animals
- Custom study design
- On-site technical support and training
- Rodents (rat and mouse)
- USDA regulated animals (guinea pig and hamster)
Drug Administration Routes:
- IP, IV, IM, SC, PO
- Continuous infusion using mechanical or osmotic pumps
- Nasal mucosa, nasal cavity or tracheal/ bronchial (including aerosol inhalation)
Study Design can include the following:
- Single or repeat dose administration
- Continuous infusion
- Tissue collection with or without perfusion to determine biodistribution
- Biodistribution using radiolabeled compounds
Explora has established strong working relationships with reputable bioanalytical companies to efficiently process and analyze samples from our PK studies. We can manage the entire study from drug to report, with a rapid turnaround time and high quality results.